You worked hard to earn your certification because you understand the importance of patient safety and medical imaging professionalism. With a tight job market and increased public awareness of radiation exposure, the CARE bill is exactly what we need. Fortunately, the bill is closer to passing now than ever before. Want to ensure that unlicensed techs can't be hired for the jobs you've trained so hard for? Want to tell the American public that the technology you wield is safe in the hands of cerified professionals like you? Call your senators and representatives today and let them know how they can ease the worries of their constituents by simply cosponsoring the CARE bill. If your representatives are already cosponsors, you can donate to the ASRT-PAC to amplify your voice.
Legislative Contacts for WV:
1. Senator Joe Manchin – Jim Pitrolo, Legislative Director, (202) 224-3954 Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Senator John D. Rockefeller IV - Rachel Peters, Legislative Correspondent
3. Nick J. Rahall, II, member of Congress - Lori D'orazio, Legislative Assistant
4. Shelley Moore Capito, member of Congress - Aaron Sporck, Legislative Director
5. David McKinley, member of Congress - J.T. Jezierski, Legislative Director
(202)225-4172; Website: mcKinley.house.gov
Update on the CARE Bill
The Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility and Excellence (CARE) in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy bill was introduced by Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY-1) on June 2 in the House of Representatives. H.R. 2104, the CARE bill, will increase patient safety by ensuring that personnel who perform medical imaging and radiation therapy procedures are properly educated and certified.
Your effort is now needed to push the bill through Congress. You can start by sending an e-mail through this sight to your representative. Click on the Take Action button below and personalize the message that has been started for you. Then, ask your friends and colleagues to visit this site and do the same.
Through strong grass-roots activity we will succeed!
Contact your representative today!